- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What motivates people to be in the company of other people?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Further Psychology Essay 2 - Deadline Tuesday, 07 January 2003
FP/E2/1 - What motivates people to be in the company of other people?
Human beings are said to be 'by nature' a gregarious species, which would mean that humans are built so that social interaction is an intrinsic part of their make up. However what actually motivates one person to look for the company of another is what is variable and may differ from person to person or on the other hand show a trend for people in general. For example it would be inappropriate to assume that all people seek the company of others for romantic reasons. Similarly all humans cannot be viewed negatively as only turning to others for selfish purposes.
In trying to understand why people seek the company of others it is necessary to look at the advantages of such social interaction. In other words what is it about a companion or a group of people in an environment that is beneficial to a person and thus makes a person want to be a part of this?
People are established as needing and also liking the company of others. It is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Discuss the statement that adolescence is a period of Storm ...
- Explain the importance of team building, the stages in the d...
- Critically evaluate trait theories of personality.
- Critically compare and contrast two theories that explain pr...
- Prejudice, stereotyping and discrimination/oppression
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
- Emotions and facial processing of emotions
- Are humans naturally aggressive or do we learn to be aggress...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.