- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What factors are associated with communication problems in Dancom? Discuss the impact of these factors on the inter-cultural tensions in the company and suggest some approaches to their resolution.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* What factors are associated with communication problems in Dancom? Discuss the impact of these factors on the inter-cultural tensions in the company and suggest some approaches to their resolution.
This case study concerns Dancom (not its real name), a large Danish company which is a world leader in some of its areas of business. The organization encompasses significant cultural divergences in its day to- day interactions since it has subsidiaries in more than a hundred countries and employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. Dancom started its activities in Russia as a Sales Office in 1993. Currently it is represented by a sales office, a production unit and two branch offices in four different Russian cities.
The culture of two different countries also plays a vital role in the communication problem in Dancom. Basically culture means the system of shared beliefs, values, customs, behaviours, and artefacts that the members of society use to cope with their world and with one another, and that are transmitted from generation to generation through learning.
If we look at Dancom first thing that we notice is that Dancom is a Danish company. And it
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- personal development plan
- Explain the duties relating to health and safety in the work...
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
- Recruitment and Selection
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.