- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A changing nature of international business.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Since the 1980's, there is a changing nature of international business. MNC's needed a transformation to follow this change, that is why international business networks appeared. According to Casson and Cox (1997), network can be defined as : " A set of linkages which either directly or indirectly connect every member of a group".
This essay will first deal about the network concept (as a "high trust co-ordination mechanism linking independent owners"), then the classification and the components of a network will be analysed, and finally the network concept seen as an explanation of international business.
In network, there is the implication of close but non exclusive relationship. Autonomy and choice are emphasised. So, what do we mean by network?
Network is a solution (J. Child & D. Faulkner, 1998) to reduce uncertainty (with good relationship and solidarity), to provide : flexibility, capacity (with links inside the networks between firms), speed (to take rapidly advantage of opportunities), access to resources and skills not owned by the company itself (a company can finish a project using abilities and skills of other in the network), information.
Also, the organisation needs interaction with other
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political & International Economics (view all)
- The Opium Wars - Causes and Consequences.
- When is corruption morally corrupt?
- The European Age of Exploration was governed by three major ...
- Four key elements of the business environment in the Asia Pa...
- Evaluate the arguments for and against UK entry into the eur...
- What, if any, is the difference between a competition policy...
- Discuss the assertion that the sole purpose of the tax syste...
- Trade Liberalisation and Poverty - the examples of Britain, ...
- Explain how and why the ongoing crisis in the Eurozone has a...
- Describe the Positive and Negative Effects of Globalisation ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.