- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A critical evaluation of research by Kempe Ronald and Hope Sr. into employee perceptions of leadership and performance management in the Botswana public service.
- Essay length: 6922 words
- Submitted: 28/03/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
A critical evaluation of research by
Kempe Ronald and Hope Sr. into employee perceptions of leadership and performance management in the Botswana public service.
The article is about public servants in Botswana who play an important role as partners in the management of public sector and national affairs. During the past three decades, the country has accomplished a reputation for sound development management and good governance. That reputation has been derived primarily from the behaviour and performance of the country's public servants who have been motivated to fulfil their duties honestly and effectively. On the contrary, in recent years, a culture of Indifference and perceptible laziness has crept into the public service leading to serious bottlenecks in service delivery. This article by Kempe Ronald and Hope Sr. discusses and analyses employee perceptions of leadership and performance management in the Botswana public service in light of the country's reputation with respect to the nature and functioning of its public servants.
The research approach employed is based on a sample survey of, and focus group discussions with, employees in two major central government institutions. The two institutions are not identified - they are referred to as Institution A
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Strategic Business Plan of Nokia. This strategic report exa...
- Organisational culture and leadership. Some key concepts su...
- Managing financial resources and decision assignment
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.