- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Airbus versus Boeing
- Essay length: 6992 words
- Submitted: 21/09/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
The purpose of this assignment is to analyse the strategic dilemma faced by Airbus vis-à-vis its main competitor, Boeing. The author provides the company overview and its corporate mission in an effort to explain the relationship between Airbus and its parent, EADS. An industry structural analysis is undertaken using Porters Five Forces Model to identify the pressures that Airbus face in its industry. In addition, a SWOT analysis reveals the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of the company. The core competencies of Airbus are identified and compared to that of Boeing. Based on this analysis, the competitive advantage of Airbus is determined. Under strategy recommendations, the author examines the current strategies employed by Airbus and compares them with Boeing. Finally, conclusions are drawn as to which is the more strategic savvy and which company has the more sustainable enterprise. This is based on factors identified by Hamel and Prahalad(1999) book, 'Competing for the Future.' Since its inception, Boeing had been enjoying a virtual monopoly in the commercial aircraft industry, but was threatened by the advent of the European aerospace company, 'Airbus S.A.S.' (Airbus), in 1970. Since then, Airbus gradually achieved a leadership position in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Innovation For Business Success. It is possible to be innov...
- Change Management
- strategic management
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.