- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
An investigation in the role of prevalent economic conditions in the closing down of Woolworths(TM) chain of stores in England and its possible after effects
The first 200 words of this essay...
An investigation in the role of prevalent economic conditions in the closing down of Woolworths' chain of stores in England and its possible after effects.
The aim of this research is to examine the current economic situation in England and its role in the closure of the Woolworths'. The research also aims to investigate the possible after effects of such a close down and its impact on the economy and employment levels across England.
Affectionately called 'Woollies', the Woolworth chain of stores is a popular name amongst the British consumers. Woollies mainly caters to the middle range consumers. Amongst its various products, the more famous offerings include the Ladybird range of children's clothing, Chad Valley toys and the pic'n'mix range of sweets. Woolworths became a major news headline recently for having announced shutting down its 800 odd stores across the country while leaving approximately 26,000 of its employed staff, unemployed. This quite important in terms of current economic conditions. Closing down of such a large group, will have a major impact on the already failing economy. The economic conditions in England are a reflect of a global economic downturn which are indicated by
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Innovation For Business Success. It is possible to be innov...
- Why stakeholders are important in an international business ...
- Success and Failure at Mrs. Field's Cookies. The secret ing...
- strategic management
- Project Management
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.