- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse and evaluate the industry environment in which Marks and Spencer operates
- Essay length: 10399 words
- Submitted: 15/12/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Corporate Strategy and Operations
Module Code: CPH2001A
Tutor: Graham Webster
Student Id 9907031
Introduction page 3
1. Analyse and evaluate the industry environment in which Marks and Spencer
Marks & Spencer (M&S) is one of the UK's leading retailers of clothing, foods, homeware and financial services, serving 10 million customers a week in over 300 UK stores. The Company also trades in 30 countries worldwide, and has a Group turnover in excess of £8 billion. Marks & Spencer is the UK's leading clothing retailer with more than 12.4 million square feet of trading space across 312 British stores. The Company also trades on-line at www.marksandspencer.com. (Source Marks and Spencer.com)
The Group employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. In 2000/01 Group turnover was £8.1bn and profits before tax and exceptional items were £480.9m. The Company operates further wholly owned stores in the Republic of Ireland and Hong Kong and has 131 franchise stores in 28 countries operating through a network of successful partnerships.(Source Marks and Spencer.com)
The group's financial services business provides customers with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- TESCO vs. SAINSBURY: THE SUPERMARKET WAR
- MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing Madonna - Describe and explain the strategy be...
- Case Study EasyJet
- Chapter Notes on Marketing Management by Philip Kotler 10th ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.