- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of mrks and spencers annual report 2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
1.0 Comparison of M&S to Tesco PLC
Marks and Spencer Group (M&S) is the premier retailer in clothing, foods and home ware within the United Kingdom. The company's commitment to quality, value, service, innovation and trust is a key contributor to their success as a high street retailer in the UK. Their current core UK operations centre around three divisions, food, general merchandise (including clothing and home ware), and the financial services industry. Therefore Tesco plc is the prime UK retailer to analyse and compare growth, financial performance and the financial status of M&S Plc in line with other competitors within the same industry.
1.2 Analysis of Financial Statements
M&S's financial statements represent stability within the company. Revenue increase was a highlight within the key performances, which included a substantial rise in its food business. However the segment information also shows that were less efficient in controlling their product costs (cost of sales).
Similarly Tesco Plc has also seen an increase in their revenue, and their cost of sales. One possible reason could be to the 'Soaring food prices', which 'Pushed up output prices 1.4 per cent between March and April',
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting (view all)
- Prepare a trading profit and loss account and balance sheet ...
- Implied trust of the home.
- Tax Law and Accounting
- This report will be examining the typical computer based inf...
- "Outline the differences between economic growth and ec...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.