- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of the intensity of competition in the IT industry using Porter's Five Forces Model
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysis of the intensity of competition in the IT industry using Porter's Five Forces Model (1)
The IT industry is diverse as it is evolving. It is almost every day we are hearing about new technological advances in the IT industry, whether it is a new super slim laptop(2) or a roll-out of new computer software(3). In order to achieve such advances in technology, large amounts of money have to be spent on R&D, with Samsung Electronics and Hynix Semiconductor pledging to spend around 52.58 billion won(4) on new computer semiconductors by 2011, being a good example of firms trying to gain competitive advantage over their rivals.
According to the latest Garner statistics(5) HP holds 17.4% of the computer market share, with Dell accounting for 13.9%, Lenovo having 7.1%, with 6.8% for Acer and 3.8% for Toshiba.
With such a broad range of definitions coming down under the umbrella-term 'IT industry' it would be more interesting to focus on the firms involved in the manufacture and sale of consumer-orientated hardware, i.e. HP, Sony, Toshiba computers and laptops consumers could buy at PC World, Comets, Curry's, etc.
Threat of suppliers
This force is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Change Management
- Project Management
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.