- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of the recent re-branding of Andersen Consulting as 'Accenture'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysis of the recent re-branding of Andersen Consulting as 'Accenture'
The marketing problem that Andersen Consulting faced in the need to re-brand after the split is to select a company name to position themselves clearly in the customers' minds. The name should support their strategic objectives and positioning strategy.
In services, a company name is its brand, which is a promise to its customers. For Andersen Consulting to re-brand themselves as 'Accenture", SWOT analysis should be performed and marketing mix should be considered.
This is a good clear definition of the problem - well done. You could also add that in developing the new name and repositioning the business as a 'market maker' they would also want to transfer the brand equity from their previous brand name.
Andersen Consulting has been the market leader in consulting industry. When re-branding itself, this point should be emphasized in the marketing program. There should be a strong unified message that they reposition themselves to be an innovative company, an architect and a market-maker. Why? You need to explain the logic behind your argument.
The company has a clear corporate vision and strategy. They should
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Does OPEC have a monopoly in the supply of oil?
- Chapter Notes on Marketing Management by Philip Kotler 10th ...
- MARKETING STRATEGY
- P1: A description of Cadbury's and their aims and objectives
- Marketing plan of Nestle (Malaysia) Berhad
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.