- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Apollo Hospitals case Study
The first 200 words of this essay...
FIRST WORLD HEALTH CARE AT EMERGING-MARKET PRICES
MAN 6726 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Professional MBA
Prof. José R. de la Torre
Rafael Rivas Herrera
July 24th 2010
Apollo Hospitals Group in India is the acknowledged leader in bringing super speciality world class healthcare to India. It is presently the largest integrated healthcare company in Asia, holding 35% share in the market for private tertiary care and the first to attract foreign investment. 1, pg.3
According to the authors of the case, Health Care is fundamentally a local business. Most other industries have already gone global, yet health care seems to remain outside this globalization spectrum, with no global health care player yet in play, or is there? Dr. Reddy's dream is to bring health care to the majority of the Indian population as well as the rest of the world. Apollo has constantly proved its ability at tackling new business opportunities in local and international markets. They proved their local worthiness with feats such as the development of new hospitals in Delhi and Hyderabad. Even though Apollo enjoyed a good brand in Chennai, they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'