- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Apple Computer, Inc. - short company overview
The first 200 words of this essay...
Case 12 Apple Computer, Inc.
October 10, 2004
Since the mid 1970s, Apple Computer, Inc. had been a major player in the personal computer (PCs) market. Aside from manufacturing and designing its line of computers, Apple's product mix also includes software and hardware peripherals. Its most successful accomplishment includes the Macintosh line of desktop and notebook computers, the Mac operating system, and the iPod portable music player.
Michael Porter's Five Forces Model examines the dynamics between competitors, suppliers, and buyers within an industry. Specifically, it focuses on five forces that impact the industry - rivalry, threat of substitutions, buyer power, supplier power, and barriers to entry. In order to better understand the theories behind these five forces, we will apply them to analyze Apple Computer, Inc.
To describe the rivalry between competitors in the PC industry as intense is an understatement. Whether it is the structure of the competition or degree of differentiation, Apple must carefully evaluate each aspect. The structure of competition is more intense if there are many equally sized competitors. While Apple's presence is a considerable in the education PC market, many schools were
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Market Research Proposal
- Branding. This dissertation aims to link the brand literatur...
- A business overview of British Telecommunications (UK)
- Produce a business plan for a new product. I have decided to...
- Choose the airlines as an industry to apply the Michael Port...
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.