- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Article analysis Burnes, Bernard. "Managing change and changing managers from ABC to XYZ." The Journal of Management Development. 22. no. 7 (2003): 627.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Managing change and changing Managers from ABC to XYZ.
Introduction and Overview of Article
Companies have to embrace change either in technology, processes, structure or managing style in order to stay current and competitive in the current climate. However, as Salerno and Brock (2008) put it, change only becomes a reality within a business or organisation when its individual members commit and carry out the new initiative, accommodate the new structure, follow the new system, or turn out the new product.
In order for individual members to make changes to their actions and behaviours, change projects have to be led by managers who have the necessary attributes to influence and to implement the projects.
The following article argues that the alignment of managerial development and organisational change as parallel and linked activities could create good leaders and increase their competitiveness. This assessment is tasked to show whether argument is valid.
Burnes, Bernard. "Managing change and changing managers from ABC to XYZ." The Journal of Management Development. 22. no. 7 (2003): 627.
Organisational Change and Management Development
Article Aim & Article Summary
The article presents an
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Green Logistics
- Research Proposal - Awareness of Going Green among MMU stude...
- How relevant are Fayol's ideas on managing groups and indivi...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.