- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Attempt to discuss service operations within visitor attractions, and identify the challenges in delivering service quality to customers. We have also included a brief discussion on service operations and a definition of visitor attractions.
- Essay length: 3541 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
PAGE 2 TERMS OF REFERENCE
PAGE 3 EXPLANATIONS OF SERVICE OPERATIONS
PAGE 4 CATEGORIES OF VISITOR ATTRACTIONS
PAGE 6 SPECIFIC SERVICES IN VISITOR ATTRACTIONS
PAGE 7 CHALLENGES TO VISITOR ATTRACTIONS OPERATORS
PAGE 12 CONCLUSION
PAGE 13 REFERENCES
PAGE 14 BREAKDOWN OF GROUP MEMBERS PARTICIPATION
TERMS OF REFERENCE
This report has been requested by Siobhan Drummond as part of our ongoing assessment in the module titled Service Operations. In it we will attempt to discuss service operations within visitor attractions, and identify the challenges in delivering service quality to customers. We have also included a brief discussion on service operations and a definition of visitor attractions.
This report is to be submitted on 16 March 2004.
First we will define service. According to Nevan (1999) the noun "service industry" is defined in the 1978 Pocket Oxford Dictionary as "providing services, not goods", with goods being defined as "moveable property, merchandise". It is noted that the manufacturing industry produces an actual tangible product, a product that you can purchase and physically take home with you. However, in the service industry the product purchased or provided
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Tourism, Transport & Travel (view all)
- Show with example how British seaside resorts have been affe...
- Explain why seaside resorts in Britain grew in popularity du...
- Hospitality and Tourism Education and Training
- The Leisure and Recreation Industry.
- Unit 18:- The Appeal and Importance of UK Visitor Attraction...
- Comparing EasyJet and BA's Pricing Essay
- Select a sector of the UKs tourism or hospitality industry a...
- The development of tourism and its importance to the economi...
- Hotel Industry Analysis. Over the last few decades, a few l...
- Road Transportation: an intra-European look. My research wi...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Zoey. University Student.