- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Behavioral Science report - Your organization wants to develop a competency - based approach to executive selection. Which leadership perspective mainly applies to this practice?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Behavioral Science Report #3
Question no. 2
Question Statement: Your organization wants to develop a competency - based approach to executive selection. Which leadership perspective mainly applies to this practice? Also based on leadership research, identify four competencies that your organization will probably identify in effective executives.
Competency: The concept of competency focuses on what is expected of an employee in the workplace rather than on the learning process; and embodies the ability to transfer and apply skills and knowledge to new situations and environments. This is a broad concept of competency such that all aspects of work performance, and not only narrow task skills, are included. It encompasses:
1 The requirement to perform individual tasks (task skills).
2 The requirement to manage a number of different tasks within the job (task management skills).
3 The requirement to respond to irregularities and breakdowns in routine (contingency management skills).
4 The requirement to deal with the responsibilities and expectations of work environment (job/role environment skills), including working with others.
In addition to being based on this broad concept of competency, standards should be:
1 Related to realistic
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Green Logistics
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- Research Proposal - Awareness of Going Green among MMU stude...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.