- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Benefits and disadvantages of takeover activities.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Corporate takeover activity, in other words that is the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity that has increased mainly since the mid of-1960s (Ginblatt & Titman, p 692). M&A has been, and likely always will be a main power in the modern financial and economic society. Almost every person in society is indirectly or directly affected by this activity, either by working for a firm that is involved in a M&A transaction, or by purchasing goods or services from a firm that is. It is not only a beneficial but also a detrimental economic phenomenon. Tax reform, the collapse of the high yield bond market, deregulation in some industries, antitrust regulation, globalization and other change in regulations are the main factors that cause the different in changing M&A activities in US and Australia market since the 1980s until now.
Benefits and disadvantages of takeover activities:
Merger and Acquisition activities bring a lot of benefit for both targeting and targeted firms. According to Ginblatt & Titman, the main advantages of corporate takeover activities are Taxes, Operating Synergies, and Financial synergy.
* Taxes saving that the acquisitions are funded primary with debt and stepping up the basis of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- Universal Banking
- Financial analysis of Wipro ltd. The ratio analysis of the c...
- BMW Production Process
- Corporate governance and the revised Combined Code in UK
- "The process of absorption costing (also known as overh...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.