- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Briefly explain your operational role and were it is located in the overall structure of the organisation.
- Essay length: 5589 words
- Submitted: 18/08/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Briefly explain your operational role and were it is located in the overall structure of the organisation.
My operational title within my workplace is Fabrications Manager and the role I play is man management, purchasing (materials, consumables, new machinery and supplies), production and on the job training.
A demand placed upon me as a manager is the ability to handle Information. In my managerial role, I not only receive information from a wide variety of sources but my team and I need to analyze, store and transmit it both efficiently and effectively. This process of individual and organizational communication will have a major impact upon how well I am able to perform my managerial role.
Span of control
FABRICATION SALES ELECTRONICS R&D
STAFF SALES REPS STAFF
The chart above shows that my organisation has a flat structure. This means that there are few layers of hierarchy helping decisions to be made more quickly and efficiently rather than a taller hierarchy. Each layer is able to communicate easily with other layers and the organisation avoids the danger of becoming 'bureaucratic'.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Branding. This dissertation aims to link the brand literatur...
- Market Research Proposal
- A business overview of British Telecommunications (UK)
- How will the University of Ottawa fill the seats on time for...
- Using Porter's model identify and analyse the generic strate...
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.