- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
British Airways: Why are recruitment and selection important?
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Why is effective recruitment and selection important to your chosen organisation? Critically examine different selection techniques in terms of their usefulness to your chosen organisation."
The organization chosen for the research is British Airways (BA). BA is one of the world's leading airlines, providing passenger and freight services to 149 destinations in 72 countries around the world. Recruitment and selection are essential processes for most companies in general and British Airways in particular. According to Torrington and Hall (2005: p 788): "Recruitment is a process whereby a business seeks applicants either generally or for particular vacancies. Potential applicants are interested but there is no mutual obligation." Therefore recruitment could be considered as one way process which enables management to decide among the appropriate candidates. Selection, however, described by Torrington and Hall (2005: p 788) as: "The process whereby not only does the employer choose between two or more interested applicants, but applicants also select, deciding how much further they wish to pursue their original enquiry. The end of the process is a legally binding agreement." Hence, the process is transformed towards participation of both: the recruiting company and the individual suitable for the position, focusing on the actual choice
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Human Resource Management - HRM approaches, HR Planning, Job...
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Motivation Theories
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.