- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Business analysis - For smart phone technology, AAPLs two closest competitors are Google (GOOG) with their Android phones, and Research In Motion Limited (RIMM) with their Blackberry phones.
The first 200 words of this essay...
AAPL - A Business Analysis Pt2
When researching a company for a business analysis report, a SWOT analysis is not the first and final step; it is important to figure in many other factors. One such, and very important, factor is financials. Even though much can be learned from the SWOT analysis, the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow are not always taken into consideration during that portion of the business analysis. It is imperative that one researches a company's financial well being when contemplating whether or not to invest in said company.
AAPL's income statement shows that in 2007 that they had a total revenue of $24.578 billion and a gross profit of $8.152; the following year (2008) total revenue was up a little more than 50% at $37.491 billion, and gross profit was up more than 60% at $13.491 billion. In 2009, AAPL showed signs of much slower growth; total revenue was up only about 14.5% at $42.902 billion and gross profit was up a little more than 25% at $17.222 billion. This slowdown in growth could be attributed to the world economic slowdown that was occurring around the same time. Looking into total
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Change Management
- "What is group dynamics and, why is understanding of gr...
- Evaluating the different sources of business finance.
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Zoey. University Student.