- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Cadbury s marketing objectives for the development of Fuse.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Established markets generate intense competition during which new and innovative marketing strategies are required and new and existing products are developed.
As a market develops, consumers become more experienced and discerning and look for more benefits from the products they choose. Although some organisations' products may appear unchanged at this developed stage of a market, the more successful businesses re-work existing brands and continue to develop new ones to meet changing consumer needs.
The development of strong brands has always been a feature of the confectionery market.
Cadbury set out two objectives for the development of Fuse:
1. To grow the market for chocolate confectionery
2. To increase Cadbury's share of the snacking sector
The 'Fuse' concept was developed after market research identified the growth of snacking and a definite gap in the market for a more chocolatey snack. A number of ingredients were devised and tested following a survey which questioned consumers about their snacking habits and preferences. A research and development team was then asked to develop a number of product recipes which addressed the needs expressed by consumers.
Not all products successfully emerge from the product development
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- My research aims to study the impact of advertising on consu...
- P1: A description of Cadbury's and their aims and objectives
- Swot Analysis For Coca-Cola.
- How does McDonalds attract its customers?
- The level of competition in a market influences pricing and ...
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.