- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 3144 words
- Submitted: 20/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
ORG502: Human Relations and Organizational Behavior
Synergetic Solutions Incorporated (Organizational structure, 2005) is in a situation most successful organizations experience over time. Synergetic Solutions has experienced stagnation in its primary business, systems integration. There are numerous courses of action a company may choose in this situation. One option would be to make no changes and wait for the market to recover. Another option would be to undertake some changes in an effort to counteract the market stagnation.
An overview of the Chief Executive Officer's (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer's (COO) solutions to change within their organization will be provided. An explanation of different change models followed by an in-depth demonstration of Lewin's Force Field Analysis Model for change will be used to show how using thoughtful and well-planned actions can control change within an organization.
An Overview of Change Management Theories
Change management methodologies reflect the internal structure of an organization; mechanistic organizations tend toward procedural interventions and organic organizations tend toward whole system interventions. According to Newman and Fitzgerald (2001), Lewin's Force Field Analysis model for change and "action research underlie(s) most current OD approaches" (p. 1), but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Business analysis of uk no-frills airline industry
- What is a Bureaucracy? What are the advantages and disadvant...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- The Changan Ford Joint Venture has been very successful for...
- E-Business Evaluation of Tesco.com
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.