- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare and contrast TWO modern recruitment/selection methods (e.g. psychometric tests) with more traditional systems (e.g. individual interviews).
Are you in the right place?
Jump to People and operations management and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and contrast TWO modern recruitment/selection methods (e.g. psychometric tests) with more traditional systems (e.g. individual interviews). To what extent do the innovative techniques overcome the problems inherent in traditional methods of recruiting and selecting staff?
To put this title into context, the importance of recruitment and selection must be outlined. It is clear, from the literature and from my own personal experiences, that recruitment and selection are a crucial element of Human Resource Management (HRM). Regardless of size, it is essential to employ an effective recruitment and selection procedure. According to Marchington and Wilkinson (2002: p277), recruitment and selection have become a highly sophisticated practice of HR; consultants and organisational psychologists have been employed to ensure companies have made valid and reliable selection decisions (Marchington and Wilkinson, 2002).
This essay will compare and contrast psychometric testing and online recruitment against traditional methods. Furthermore, it will assess how the modern recruitment and selection methods have overcome the problems inherent in traditional methods of recruiting and selecting staff.
Selection is the process of discriminating between the pool of candidates which have been recruited. This can be in the form of references, interviews, tests and assessment
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- Dissertation proposal "Critically evaluate recruitmen...
- Recruitment and Selection
- HRM best practise case study. Research into HRM at a branch...
- LITERATURE REVIEW STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.