- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare the differences between a Sole Trader, a Partnership and a Limited Company when preparing final accounts
- Essay length: 6382 words
- Submitted: 13/05/2004
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Accounting and Finance and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 12 Financial Accounting
In the following essay, I will compare the differences between a Sole Trader, a Partnership and a Limited Company when preparing final accounts also included in the essay will be the concepts and conventions used when preparing final accounts. I shall also outline the regulatory standards within the Accounting Profession. I shall start by giving an explanation of how the accounting system functions.
How does the accounting system work?
Business keep financial records for a number of practical reasons, which are:
> To quantify such items as sales, expenses and profits
> To present these figures in a meaningful way so the business can judge its success over the past year
Below is a diagram of the Accounting System: (all things below will be explained later in the assignment)
Diagram taken from Business Accounting Second Edition by David Cox.
Business transactions generate documents, these documents go into the primary accounting records and from these records are placed throughout the accounting system. The following are prime documents:
> Invoice - when a business purchases goods the company or
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting (view all)
- The two companies compared in this report are J Sainsbury Pl...
- Prepare a trading profit and loss account and balance sheet ...
- This report aims to provide sufficient financial evidence in...
- Capital budgeting: advantages and limitations
- efficient market hypothesis concept and its implications for...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.