- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Conflict management and negotiation. Research In Motion (RIM) case study.
- Essay length: 10896 words
- Submitted: 30/12/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT AND NEGOTIATION
Conflict is when two or more values, perspectives and opinions are contradictory in nature and have not been aligned or agreed about yet.
When we recognize the potential for conflict, we implicitly indicate that there is already a conflict of direction, even though it may not have yet manifested itself as a clash. Confliction is the process of setting up, promoting, encouraging or designing conflict. It is a willful process and refers to the real effort put into generating and instituting conflict. Deconfliction is the annihilation of conflict, it is the effort required to eliminate the conflict.
APPROACHES TOWARDS CONFLICT AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT:
* conflicts are caused by trouble-makers
* conflicts are inevitable between human beings
* conflicts are bad
* conflicts are often beneficial
* conflicts should be avoided or suppressed
* conflicts are the natural result of change
* conflicts can and should be managed
(Source: Kirchhoff and Adams, 1982)
NEGOTIATION (DEALING WITH CONFLICT SITUATION)
Negotiation requires participants to identify issues about which they differ, educate each other about their needs and interests, generate possible
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Human Resource Management - HRM approaches, HR Planning, Job...
- Motivation Theories
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.