- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Consumption In the Soviet Union.
The first 200 words of this essay...
CONSUMPTION IN THE SOVIET UNION
"I shop, therefore I am" proclaim the cheap t-shirts and refrigerator magnets sold at the enormous markets all over Moscow, where low-quality consumer goods from China and Turkey are sold and fake labels of of well-known designer companies flash before the eyes of consumer. At the end of the 20th century Moscow is becoming a consumer paradise like any other big city in the world. Although the markets are still a dominating part of the scene, all sorts of small boutiques and great shopping malls appear with something in store for everyone.The t-shirt slogan is now appealing to the Muscovite and consuming becomes becomes a part of the persons self expression which was virtually impossible some years ago when the Soviet Union stilll existed and consumption as it is seen now was a part of Western reality not Soviet.
In the Western view of consumption it is the"means of creating culture in the urbanised and the industrialised societies of the modern world". Consuming is a common way of defining one's self-identity and proclaiming the difference between ''me" and "them". For the biggest part of the 20th century consumer experience of the Soviet citizen was
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Microeconomics (view all)
- Damages, and there assessment.
- Consumer Behavior
- Briefly outline some of the main models of oligopoly in whic...
- 'Real GNP inevitably remains the most commonly used measure ...
- Definition of Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Perfect competition versus Monopolistic competition
- Evaluation of an article written by Natasa Evripidou for the...
- Modigliani, along with his co-worker, Merton Miller, propose...
- Managerial Economics - the decision of firms to make or buy ...
- Carefully describe, also through a numerical example, how co...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.