- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
2. 'When they were put to the test, corporate governance routines did not serve their purpose to safeguard against excessive risk taking.... the risk management systems have failed in many cases due to corporate governance procedures rather than inadequacy of [complex financial] computer models alone."
With reference to the one of the theoretical models of the corporation you have studied consider:
a) What, if any, are the legal obligations of directors of Australian companies generally to safeguard their company against excessive risk taking?
The primary responsibility of the board of directors is to protect the shareholders' assets and ensure they receive a reasonable return on their investment at a given risk appetite. This is however, rarely the case. Directors are most likely to engage in excessive risk taking1 (Adler) to further their own personal interest and incentives at the expense of the company and its' stakeholders.
Contractarian theory revolves around the notion that the corporation is deconstructed to reveal no more than a "nexus of contracting relationships" between managers, shareholders and other stakeholders.2 Its core innovation was to conceptualise the relationship between management and shareholders of a public company as a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- Research Proposal. Title of the proposed study: Employee re...
- Employment relations- unitarist, pluarist and radical and co...
- The Role Of Human Resource Management. Theories and Case S...
- Performance Appraisal Literature Review
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.