- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Critically examine the managerial implications of employee engagement
- Essay length: 2236 words
- Submitted: 22/08/2012
- Awarding body: Not known/Not applicable
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Assignment Topic: âCritically examine managerial implications of employee engagement.â
Organizations have usually depend on upon monetary methods or statistics to assess their value, performance and health, yet recently organizations have come to realize the importance of people-centred indicators such as employee traits, perceptions and attitudes can be essential predictors of employee performance and behaviour (Luthans and Peterson 2002, 376). Employee engagement has come to be a popular and broadly used term, there have been various claims that an engaged employee can provide organizations with competitive advantages (Rich, Lepine and Crawford 2010, 617). Although much has been written on the subject, there is still very little research done on how managers, in particular, can influence engagement and how it can be used to improve satisfaction and productivity among employees and overall organizational performance. The purpose of this essay is to critically examine the managerial implications of employee engagement, with the use of empirical and theoretical data previously done to help us support this concept and better understand organizational behaviour.
What is Employee Engagement?
There have been various and often irregular meanings regarding employee engagement in the academic literature that has resulted in the term becoming
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Innovation For Business Success. It is possible to be innov...
- strategic management
- Project Management
- Why stakeholders are important in an international business ...
- Success and Failure at Mrs. Field's Cookies. The secret ing...
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.