- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Customer Relationship Management: Tennyson Case Study
- Essay length: 5874 words
- Submitted: 09/01/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
This case study is based on Tennyson Ltd, which is a UK registered tour operator, and has trading names such as 'Visit Asia' and 'Visit Vietnam'. Tennyson Ltd is also a member of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and the Pacific Association of Travel Agents (PATA). Tennyson Ltd is in an alliance with well-regarded tour operators, which are both publicly and privately owned (Visit Asia, 2008). They operate in the busiest areas in both central and Greater London, such as Colliers Wood, Fulham and Hammersmith. A wide range of activities including skiing, snowboarding, sailing, yachting, diving, mountain biking and walking are offered.
Tennyson Ski merged with Merryweather Sailing in 2002. Merryweather Sailing, which is another tour operator, targets a different group of customers such as novice and experienced sailors. Their hotels were located near water sports locations, which were a considerable distance away from the heavily commercialised holiday centres and were staffed entirely by Tennyson's employees. However, according to the case study, the ratio of ski representatives to clients is 1:30, which shows a poor indication of good customer relationship.
Despite CRM's importance as a business approach, there is no concrete definition of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- personal development plan
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- This document outlines the project planning and management t...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.