- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Customer Relationship Management: Tennyson Case Study
- Essay length: 5874 words
- Submitted: 09/01/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
This case study is based on Tennyson Ltd, which is a UK registered tour operator, and has trading names such as 'Visit Asia' and 'Visit Vietnam'. Tennyson Ltd is also a member of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and the Pacific Association of Travel Agents (PATA). Tennyson Ltd is in an alliance with well-regarded tour operators, which are both publicly and privately owned (Visit Asia, 2008). They operate in the busiest areas in both central and Greater London, such as Colliers Wood, Fulham and Hammersmith. A wide range of activities including skiing, snowboarding, sailing, yachting, diving, mountain biking and walking are offered.
Tennyson Ski merged with Merryweather Sailing in 2002. Merryweather Sailing, which is another tour operator, targets a different group of customers such as novice and experienced sailors. Their hotels were located near water sports locations, which were a considerable distance away from the heavily commercialised holiday centres and were staffed entirely by Tennyson's employees. However, according to the case study, the ratio of ski representatives to clients is 1:30, which shows a poor indication of good customer relationship.
Despite CRM's importance as a business approach, there is no concrete definition
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- The Role Of Human Resource Management. Theories and Case S...
- Critically discuss the Best Fit approach to strategic human ...
- What are the critical differences between content and proces...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.