- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Directory Enquiries Market Liberalisation Report
- Essay length: 3610 words
- Submitted: 29/03/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
1 TERMS OF REFERENCE
1.1A report directed to the Telecommunications industry regulator Ofcom.
1.2 To advise Ofcom on the Directory Enquiries Market regarding
i. The Provision of directory enquiries services under the new regime implemented in August 2003
ii. Assessing the viability of operating within the industry
1.3 To determine the most suitable competitive strategy for operating within the industry and forecasting a future structure of the sector.
In line with the revised EU Directives Framework agreed in March 2002, the Communications Act was implemented by Parliament on 25 July 2004. The act liberalised the market creating the opportunity for entrants to operate under "general conditions" of entitlement. On 23rd August 2003 BT's 192 telephone directory enquiries was discontinued, the directory enquiries sector (DQ) was opened up to allow competition and has to date seen over 100 private sector service providers.
The market is estimated to be worth £1.2bn; however, concerns have been expressed regarding the service charges and the confusion amongst the market place. The new market system is experiencing chaos and as analysts, this report, commissioned by Ofcom, aims to assess the DQ sector of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- It is the premise of this essay that the effectiveness of a ...
- Change Management
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.