- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discuss issues regarding management, leadership and the theories they are related to.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this essay, I will discuss issues regarding management, leadership and the theories they are related to. I will also demonstrate how knowledge of the theories of management and employment law and relevant legislation can create a harmonious working environment.
I will attempt to illustrate how I manage people within my sphere of responsibility for effective performance.
I manage the Nurse Bank at the East London and City Mental Health Trust. I manage two staff in the office and have over 1500 bank nurses who work both in permanent and temporary capacity.
My main role is to ensure that wards are adequately staffed and that I minimise the Trust spending on Agency staff. My strategic role is to look at the long-term problem of recruitment and retention in Mental Health. I have to ensure that new legislation such as the Working Time Directives are implemented and adhered to. I also have to incorporate the NHS plan and framework in my objectives and goals.
I will attempt to answer the managing people module by giving a definition of Management and linking it to its theories.
Is there a standard definition of Management?
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Leadership. There are many styles or ways that a leader can ...
- Performance Appraisal Literature Review
- What is the purpose of discipline in employment, nature and ...
- My Learning Experience. The Kolb Model was originally formul...
- Knowledge Management; Case Study of Boeing
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.