- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 2785 words
- Submitted: 03/08/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Factors and Processes That Affect Employee Motivation in Organisations
Numerous factors have been recognised to affect employee effort at there place of work and organisations, also there has been a great measure in identifying method and processes of motivation in organisations. These are the areas which I shall be looking to analyse. I believe learning what motivation is about in its self needs one to be motivated inevitably motivation in organisations is vital for employees.
Explanation of motivation
A motive is a desire which functions on our will and is turned to action of one sort or the order. Mullins (1985:471) says that motivation can be explained as;
the direction and persistence of action. It is concerned with why people
choose a particular course of action in preference to orders and why
they continue with a chosen action , often over a long period, and in
the face of difficulties and problems.
Common Perspectives of Motivation
People like Mitchell make out four general perspectives involved in explaining motivation:
* Motivation can be symbolized as a personal phenomenon which allows uniqueness in people that can
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Change Management
- Project Management
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.