- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
External and Internal environment factors in Industrial Relations
Are you in the right place?
Jump to People and operations management and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
* A set of phenomena, operating both within and outside the workplace, concerned with determining and regulating the employment relationship. (Michael Salamon,2000)
* Relations between the management of an industrial enterprise and its employees. (Alistair McMillan)
* Relations between management and labor unions or between management and individual workers. Sometimes called labor relations. (Rose E., 2001)
* "Any organization, whose membership consists of employees, which seeks to organize and represent their interest both in the workplace and society and, in particular, seeks to regulate the employment relationship through the direct process of collective bargaining with management." (Michael Salamon,2000)
* An employer is a person or institution that hires employees or workers. (Michael Salamon,2000)
* Management/ Employers Association are a party consists wholly of employers owners and they are regulated of relation between employers and Trade Union. (Michael Salamon, 2000)
* Government is the third and most important "actor" within the industrial relations system. (Michael Salamon, 2000)
2.1 External environment factors in Industrial Relations
In industry, the external environment factors will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- My Learning Experience. The Kolb Model was originally formul...
- Organisational Change - The Wakewood Organisation
- Reward Management, Monitoring Performance and Exit Rights &a...
- Human Resource Management: Development, Activities, Planning...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.