- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Factors affecting price elasticity of demand.
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Economics is the study of how people allocate their limited resources to satisfy their unlimited wants" (MILLER, R.L., 2000, p.5). In other words, it is all about studying how people make choice (ESTRIN, S., LAIDER, D., 1995, p.1). In making choices, consumers show their preferences which maximises the level of satisfaction.
The indifference curve analysis is used to depict customer's preferences graphically. This paper is meant to distinguish inferior good from normal good by using indifference curve analysis as well as illustrating how price elasticity of demand is different between these two types of goods. There are several things that I would like you to pay special attention to. First, to simplify work, it is assumed that there are only two goods for the consumers to choose from, namely food and clothing, to create their own basket of goods and services (bundle). Second, I am only concerned with the "goods" but not the "bads". That is, in my analysis, I will treat all goods as desirable. Third, throughout the analysis, whenever indifference curve is in regard, I will measure food on the horizontal axis and clothing on the vertical axis. Lastly, not all the figures here
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Microeconomics (view all)
- National income measure of welfare?
- Tesco Production and Quality Systems
- Trends in the Secondary Sector - There are many type of manu...
- Discuss the main factors affecting product pricing in the UK
- Briefly outline some of the main models of oligopoly in whic...
- Perfect competition versus Monopolistic competition
- Evaluation of an article written by Natasa Evripidou for the...
- Modigliani, along with his co-worker, Merton Miller, propose...
- Managerial Economics - the decision of firms to make or buy ...
- Carefully describe, also through a numerical example, how co...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.