- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Goals (or objectives) in business.
The first 200 words of this essay...
One of my friends is slightly over weighted, and he was always telling me that he wanted to diet to lose weight. After one month, I came into his room after knocking the door and found he was hiding something and looked quite nervous. After I asked him several times to show me the things he was hiding, he took out a lot of chocolates and sweets and smiled embarrassedly. All he did is setting a non-specific goal, which is to diet! The example tells us that without proper goal setting, it is very unlikely to have great achievements. Goals (or objectives) are specific outcomes that one wishes to achieve (Schermerhorn, 2001). Goal setting is the process of identifying specific outcomes that you, or the organization wants to get at a specific time in the future (Inkson & Kolb, 2002). In this research essay I am going to talk about the importance of goal setting for organizations and some pitfalls associated with it. In the first section of this essay I will discuss the indispensability of goal setting in organizations. The second section will be concerning the advantages of goal setting on four essential areas of management. Then, I will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- personal development plan
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- This document outlines the project planning and management t...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.