- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Gunns Australia Business Report
- Essay length: 4688 words
- Submitted: 29/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Gunns Limited are a forestry enterprise based in Tasmania, with market capitalization of $204 million. Gunns undertook a pronounced change of strategic direction in 2010, attempting to revitalize itself and ensure future success after poor recent social and financial performance. This strategic direction was not allayed into financial success in the following year, 2011, with a loss reported of $355.5m.
The purpose of this report is to examine the external business environment and its subsequent impact on the future performance of Gunns Limited through an analysis of each of the elements of the PEST model (political/ regulatory, economic, sociocultural and technological). Furthermore, this report will attempt to outline how Gunns Limited can use corporate social responsibility policies to increase the attractiveness of investment in the company.
The overall conclusion is that though past environmental factors have weakened the performance of Gunns, the moves to address these issues through a strategic rework are a positive step towards improved performance in the future.
Some limitations of the report include:
- Quality of sources.
- Historical data limitations.
- The inherent inaccuracy when predicting future performance.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.