- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How successful has the Single European Market been so far?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How successful has the Single European Market
been so far?
Europe has, over the last fifty years made a major advancement with regards to integration. This assignment will consider the success of the 1992 programme by assessing two angles:
1. The extent to which the Single Market programme is in place.
2. The extent to which the Single Market programme has brought successful results.
"The single market is often more honoured in rhetoric than in reality"
Gordon Brown, British Chancellor of the Exchequer, May 2003.
This statement, by the Chancellor, reflects the views of the Labour government. The view is that there can never be a Single European Market in terms of what the founders are expecting to achieve. Although many of the policy provisions for the SEM may be in place, the extent to how successful these provisions have been implemented in terms of the results and outcomes predicted is merely European propaganda.
Primarily, it should be noted that the completion of the internal market was predicted for 1992. Although there are many policy areas that have been introduced effectively, many more remain outstanding, meaning the completion of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- Universal Banking
- Financial analysis of Wipro ltd. The ratio analysis of the c...
- BMW Production Process
- "The process of absorption costing (also known as overh...
- Corporate governance and the revised Combined Code in UK
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.