- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
HRM The process of identifying and hiring the right talent is particularly difficult in Singapores competitive financial services sector. This is compounded by the countrys small population which limits the talent pool.
- Essay length: 3653 words
- Submitted: 07/03/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Shereen Bte Mustafar
Student No.: 3178965
Course: Business Management (BBMFT - 39th Intake)
Course no: Human Resource Management: BUSM 3201
Assessment: Individual Essay
Topic: Topic 1 (Talent attraction and retention)
Word Count: 2895 words (excluding quotations)
"Today's workforce has become more global, virtual and diverse than it has ever been, this makes acquiring the right talent an increasingly complex and challenging activity. Winning the war for talent requires more than just winning the recruiting battle" (Harriot et al. 2008). It involves a complicated and difficult undertaking - developing internal systems that attract and retain the right talent and organise the talent in ways that lead to continuous innovation and change. While the business landscape has changed dramatically, recruiting and retaining the right people is just as important as before. But the stakes are higher now that the margin between success and failure is razor thin, claims Lynch (2008).
Johnson (2002) states that in today's climate, human resources (HR) is expected to deliver business results on a much tighter budget, and according to Larkan (2007) this causes lower headcounts which means that each
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- Critically discuss the Best Fit approach to strategic human ...
- Employment relations- unitarist, pluarist and radical and co...
- The Role Of Human Resource Management. Theories and Case S...
- What are the critical differences between content and proces...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.