- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
In this section of my coursework, I am going to investigate the scale of the UK Travel and Tourism industry.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A full description of the scale of UK industry and its economic significance, quoting relevant data accurately
In this section of my coursework, I am going to investigate the scale of the UK Travel and Tourism industry. I will be looking at:-
* Consumer spending on Travel and Tourism Industry
* The number of people employed in the industry and the types of jobs
* Number of tourists coming into the UK
* Number of UK residents taking holidays in the UK and outside the UK.
The travel and tourism industry is a multi-billion pound industry and has had a major impact on the economy in terms of consumer spending and employment.
Consumer spending on travel and tourism in the UK
There were 27.5 million overseas visitors who came to Britain in 1998, spending over £12 billion. The British Tourist Authority estimated that by the year 2003, this figure would increase by 44% to £18 billion a year spent in the UK. However these figures were generated before the devastating foot and mouth outbreak, so these figures may well have decreased considerably. The Travel and tourism industry is continually
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Tourism, Transport & Travel (view all)
- Ryanair - business analysis. What is the strategic position...
- Travel as a physical impact on the Environment
- What makes a good tourist attraction?
- Describe components of travel and tourism
- PESTEL Analysis of Ryanair.
- Comparing EasyJet and BA's Pricing Essay
- Select a sector of the UKs tourism or hospitality industry a...
- The development of tourism and its importance to the economi...
- Hotel Industry Analysis. Over the last few decades, a few l...
- Road Transportation: an intra-European look. My research wi...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.