- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Industry project life cycle
- Essay length: 1415 words
- Submitted: 07/12/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Industry Project Life Cycles Generic Project Management Life Cycle
The four sequential time periods of a project are:
Execution (implementation or development)
Finishing (commissioning or close out).
Each period may be identified as a Phase and further broken down into stages that typically reflect the area of project management application and the size & complexity of the specific project. These stages are known as:
Industry Project Life Cycles
Software Development Project Life Cycle
A number of system development life cycle (SDLC) models have been created: waterfall, fountain, spiral, build and fix, rapid application development (RAD), joint application development (JAD), incremental, and synchronize and stabilize.
The oldest of these, and the best known, is the waterfall: a sequence of stages in which the output of each stage becomes the input for the next. These stages can be characterized and divided up in different ways, including the following:
Project planning, feasibility study: Establishes a high-level view of the intended project and determines
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Business analysis of uk no-frills airline industry
- What is a Bureaucracy? What are the advantages and disadvant...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- The Changan Ford Joint Venture has been very successful for...
- E-Business Evaluation of Tesco.com
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.