- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Industry project life cycle
- Essay length: 1415 words
- Submitted: 07/12/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Industry Project Life Cycles Generic Project Management Life Cycle
The four sequential time periods of a project are:
Execution (implementation or development)
Finishing (commissioning or close out).
Each period may be identified as a Phase and further broken down into stages that typically reflect the area of project management application and the size & complexity of the specific project. These stages are known as:
Industry Project Life Cycles
Software Development Project Life Cycle
A number of system development life cycle (SDLC) models have been created: waterfall, fountain, spiral, build and fix, rapid application development (RAD), joint application development (JAD), incremental, and synchronize and stabilize.
The oldest of these, and the best known, is the waterfall: a sequence of stages in which the output of each stage becomes the input for the next. These stages can be characterized and divided up in different ways, including the following:
Project planning, feasibility study: Establishes a high-level view of the intended project and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Discuss the relationship between entrepreneurship, innovatio...
- M&S case study. From this analysis, strategic options f...
- Managing Communication, Knowledge & Information, HND
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Kraft Foods - Report on Ethical Stance
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.