- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
International Financial Management
- Essay length: 3859 words
- Submitted: 14/12/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
UNIVERSITY OF ST ANDREWS
School of Management
MN5607: International Financial Management
Semester One Module
"Continuing development of international business is absolutely dependent on effective and efficient international financial markets"
Attention of Donald G Macleod
Submitted By: Anna Tutarashvili 080007007
Chetan Oberoi 080015161
Daria Evtyukhova 080004439
Elena Berezovskaya 080015071
Date of Submission: 28 November 2008
The commonly stated goal of a firm is to maximize its value and thereby multiple shareholders' wealth. Since managers have discovered that they could gain a competitive edge by going globally, more and more companies today are performing internationally in order to achieve the above mentioned goal. Developing business in foreign markets can be distinctly different from local markets and that creates a number of serious difficulties and barriers for companies to go internationally. However, today, there is a tendency towards reducing or removing barriers; thereby, firms are encouraged to pursue international business, which creates opportunities for improving their cash flows. As a result, many firms have evolved into multinational corporations (MNCs), which are defined as firms that engage in international business.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Finance (view all)
- Financial Management Essay. the importance of capital struct...
- Explain what you understand by the term "asymmetric inf...
- How Does Risk Affect Large Commercial Organisations? What Mo...
- Active Gear Inc. (AGI) is contemplating an acquisition of Me...
- Airplane industry analysis. This report will consider the c...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.