- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Interviewing - My experience with recruitment interviewing has shown me that it does not deserve its popularity. Discuss.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Business Enterprise Year 1
OFB Assignment (Term 1)
"My experience with recruitment interviewing has shown me that it does not deserve its popularity."
Interviewing is a technique used by almost all firms in the process of recruitment selection. This process of recruitment involves other elements depending on the type of position, number of candidates for the job, and the difficulty of the position. In this report I will be pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of interviewing as a process of recruitment as well as drawing on my own experiences of interviewing.
For many years employers have seen the interview process as the most vital stage of recruitment selection. The industrial relation service carried out a survey showing that "80 per cent regarded the formal selection interview as the most important source of evidence in making the final decision." (Price, 1997) In past years experts have began to question the interview with the traditional interview given poor reviews (Cowling/Mailer, 1998). This enhances the view interviews do not deserve their popularity as a form of selection. The traditional method of interviewing has been dismissed by Cowling and Mailer they are quoted "information about candidates is often
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- Reflective Commentary on Group Presentation Task Work
- Dissertation proposal "Critically evaluate recruitmen...
- LITERATURE REVIEW STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- This research proposal is for the independent study based on...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.