- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Is Money an Effective Motivator at Work
The first 200 words of this essay...
Is Money an Effective Motivator at Work?
Do you often smile while in the day-to-day routine of making money? Or, would you ever bet that a person earning $60,000 a year is much happier than someone who's making mere $30,000 in comparison? Indeed, most of us erroneously share the most conventional view that money is on top of those ultimate motivators making us work, and more than that, bringing everyone happiness. Though, contrary to popular belief, researches in various social areas evidence that money, as a trivial form of reward, is placed in plane with main de-motivators for workforce.
Despite most of the world works for the sake of financial reward, the need for money only obliges us to undertake certain sort of work, but doesn't motivate in actual fact. For example, one of the theories of human motivation - 'Money as a motivator theory' is grounded on the belief that the need for money primarily motivates all workers ("Theories of Human," 2004). Nonetheless, such statement is true just to a limited extent, to say the least. Although the very word "money" (which in final outcome aims to ensure greater happiness) would be the commonnest
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Reward Management, Monitoring Performance and Exit Rights &a...
- Human Resource Management: Development, Activities, Planning...
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- What is the purpose of discipline in employment, nature and ...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.