- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
It is only necessary for a good man to do nothing for evil to triumph [Edmund Burke 18thc English political philosopher]. Discuss this statement in term of global corporate governance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
DISHONESTY IN BUSINESS
SITUATION AND SOLUTIONS
"It is only necessary for a good man to do nothing for evil to triumph [Edmund Burke 18thc English political philosopher]. Discuss this statement in term of global corporate governance.
This assignment will discuss about meanings of Edmund Burke's quotation in terms of global corporate governance. Through that, writer aims to examine the actual dishonesties in business and its consequences. Moreover, it is going to point out manager's responsibilities and suggest some solutions to prevent dishonesty in business.
Nowadays, because of important roles for economic health of corporations and society, corporate governance attracts more and more public interest. It is defined as a system that helps to control the balance between economic and social goals in general, individual and communal goals in particular. Furthermore, by implementing suitable corporate governance, company could use efficiently resources and enhance its accountability and transparency. Its objective is to harmonize the interests of individuals, corporations and society. (Adrian Cadbury, 2002)
However, recent financial crises, such as HIH Insurance and One-Tel collapse in Australia, and the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.