- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
key factors which shape the role and practices of the HR/Personnel function within an organisation
- Essay length: 2813 words
- Submitted: 16/11/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
BA Business Studies - Personnel Management
Semmester A / Year 3
James D Cairns
Assignment question (2500 words)
'Describe and critically evalute the key factors which shape the role and practices of the HR/Personnel function within an organisation with which you are familiar. On the basis of your analysis identify the main HR challenges currently facing this organisation. Relate your analysis to appropriate literature'
Tutor: Maxina Butler-Holmes
The HR, Human Resource role is becoming particularly challenging in an ever changing 'macro-environmental flux'. Each year there are many legislative changes which affect organisations, operationally, technically and financially. In 2007 alone, the CIPD, Chartered Institute for Personnel Development (2007), reported many new challenges to organisations ranging from minimum wage increases, new family friendly policies such as the enhanced maternity and adoption rights under the Work and Families Act 2007, the Smoking at work laws - from 1 July, under the Health Act 2007, where workplaces in England became smoke-free, and employers now have to provide smoke-free workplaces for all employees, to the Statutory holiday entitlement increasing from 4 weeks (twenty days) to 4.8 weeks (twenty four days) to implement the Work and Families Act 2006 commitment
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Human Resource Management - HRM approaches, HR Planning, Job...
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Motivation. The purpose of this brief paper is to explore th...
- Motivation Theories
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.