- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Key strand of thought in Sociology. In this assignment I intend to examine in detail some of the main strands of thought associated with industrial sociology. To avoid the notion of schools of thought within sociology the term strand has been coined
The first 200 words of this essay...
I N D U S T R I A L S O C I O L O G Y II
Dr. Tim Hastings
"Outline the key strands of thought in Sociology"
In this assignment I intend to examine in detail some of the main strands of thought associated with industrial sociology. To avoid the notion of schools of thought within sociology the term 'strand' has been coined which allows to bring together the different contributions with whom a pattern has appeared and have something in common (Watson, 2003, p. 21) In exploring this topic in further detail one can see that there are six main strands. These include the managerial-psychologistic strand in which Watson points out is a strand in which contains what are usually seen as quite separate and indeed contrasting styles of thought (Watson, 2003 p. 21) Other stands include work by influential and renowned figures of sociology who include Durkheim in the Durkheim-systems strand, Marx in the Marxian strand and Weber in the Weber-social action strand. Lastly the sixth strand which will be examined within the assignment is that of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- Jinnikins Jeans' approach to HR
- Cultural dimensions
- Human Resource Management: Development, Activities, Planning...
- What kinds of interventions are typically used to manage 'st...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.