- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Knowledge is power". In the context of a business organization
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Knowledge is power". In the context of a business organization, discuss the role of data, information and knowledge. In what way can a computer-based system support a manager in the decision making process?
A business organization is an entity formed for the purpose of carrying on commercial enterprise. Such an organization is predicated on systems of law governing contract and exchange, property rights, and incorporation. Information technology is of great importance to business and most are reliant various computerised systems in order to function efficiently and meet their aims and objectives. Computers are used in many ways in businesses from just merely word-processing to actually making decisions for managers to solve problems within a business organization. Data, information and knowledge are what businesses and individuals are based upon. These three elements are important to business organization in many ways, an example of where it these are is in market research whereby data is processed into information when collected and organised and then once this done the information is read by human and becomes knowledge. The importance and use of data is shown in figure 1.1.
Figure 1.1 Acknowledge Ramp
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- "What is group dynamics and, why is understanding of gr...
- It is the premise of this essay that the effectiveness of a ...
- Change Management
- INTERNATIONAL JOINT VENTURE
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.