- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"Knowledge is power". In the context of a business organization
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Knowledge is power". In the context of a business organization, discuss the role of data, information and knowledge. In what way can a computer-based system support a manager in the decision making process?
A business organization is an entity formed for the purpose of carrying on commercial enterprise. Such an organization is predicated on systems of law governing contract and exchange, property rights, and incorporation. Information technology is of great importance to business and most are reliant various computerised systems in order to function efficiently and meet their aims and objectives. Computers are used in many ways in businesses from just merely word-processing to actually making decisions for managers to solve problems within a business organization. Data, information and knowledge are what businesses and individuals are based upon. These three elements are important to business organization in many ways, an example of where it these are is in market research whereby data is processed into information when collected and organised and then once this done the information is read by human and becomes knowledge. The importance and use of data is shown in figure 1.1.
Figure 1.1 Acknowledge Ramp
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Strategic-Marketing-Management. This report is a study of pr...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- I will attempt to define how teams operate within organisati...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Managing financial resources and decision assignment
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo