- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Managing Organizational Change
- Essay length: 3030 words
- Submitted: 21/11/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Managing Organisational change
For the purpose of my assignment I have chose to evaluate the Corus case study from a change management perspective. I have chosen to evaluate case study instead of analyzing an organizational change in a company, that I have been involved, because I am too young to have such experience.
Corus is part of the world's sixth largest steel producers. The company's annual revenues are around 12 billion pounds. Corus has a global network of sales offices and service centers, employing around 42, 000 people worldwide. The case study that I will write about focuses on how Corus used its knowledge and experience of continuous improvement to win new business. Companies use continuous improvement in order to gain competitive advantage. When a firm sustains profits that exceed the average for its industry, the firm is said to possess a competitive advantage over its rivals. The goal of much of business strategy is to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Competitive advantage is essential because it increases company's market share. Corus used skills and expertise to support its new product development. The steel's company business strategy is to develop new and innovative products.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- Change Management
- Research Methodology paper. In this paper we aim to investi...
- Decision Making: Decision Support Systems. In this paper, ...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student