- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Marketing production - Packaging.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In many products, packaging is the most important factor of marketing communication. Packaging is a major component of a marketing strategy. It can sometimes help save a failing business. The right type of package for a new product can help it gain market recognition very quickly and give a product competitive advantage In the case of existing brands, marketers should re-evaluate packages periodically. Especially for consumer convenience products and services, marketers should view packaging as a major strategic tool.
The Package is the vital part of many products and services. It is similar to brand names, since a package can influence a customer's attitudes and purchase decisions so can the name of a product or service.
For most service sector industry, such as high street banks, branding plays an important role in packaging. An example can be the case of the recent mergers and acquisitions of Lloyds and TSB bank as well as HSBC and Midland bank. Having conjoined they have in a way re-packaged their brand name and consequently the image perceived by the public.
One of the many purposes of packaging that applies in this instance is to make branding and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- MARKETING STRATEGY
- Introduction to Marketing - Using Sony/Sony Ericsson as an e...
- Center Parcs case study
- An appropriateness of applying PEST analysis, Porter's Five ...
- Formulating Marketing Strategy In the Food and Hospitality I...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.