- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Marks & Spencer Essay
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Marketing and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Assignment 1 : Marks & Spencer Essay
This assignment will examine how Marks & Spencer's strategies have changed in the past 10 years, from 1998 to 2008. These strategies include management strategy, corporate social responsibility, advertising strategy, competitive strategy, and green strategy. However, the most important strategy must be the recovery plan of these ten years.
Marks & Spencer is the largest clothing retailer in the UK. It is also an international retailer which operates around 760 stores in more than 20 countries around the world. The company provided quality products with affordable prices and they offer a board range of products, such as womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, babywear, and homewares. [Mintel, Retail Review - March, 2008]
In 1998, the company was hit by falling sales and loss of market share. They suffered 23% decrease in profits, and by 2001 Marks and Spencer was no longer even in the Financial Times list of the top 500 global companies. It was even in danger of being taken over by another company. The reasons of decreasing sales include the failure of the changing needs of its core consumers, boring design and styling and fashionable competitors, such as Gap and Zara.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Kraft Tiger Market Analysis - how Kraft Tiger uses market se...
- Market Analysis Assignment - L'Oreal.
- Compare the economics of the concentrate business to the bot...
- British Airways SWOT analysis.
- Research Project - Software
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.