- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mercy Hospital is a private hospital within the service sector, traditionally 101 years old and state driven the Hospital has reacted to the change in the market place that drives the way they provide for their patients, and how efficient they are in its present form. This is largely due to the hospital industry becoming increasingly competitive, as many states were forced to reduce restrictions on offering new services. Health care competition has put a lot of pressure on Mercy Hospital to make changes to either add services, or provide additional services that other hospitals already had. As a result this has made Mercy Hospital become much more productive in providing and offering services on a comparative level with their competitors.
An organisations structure sets out the formal framework of relationships within an organisation, the grouping together of its activities, its lines of communication and it hierarchy. Within this framework the control and co-ordination of activities can take place.
The former structure of Mercy Hospital can be described as a 'tall hierarchical structure' with a very bureaucratic format. Mercy Hospital used to operate within very wide and several departments, this included many
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Management principles and theories and their application to ...
- Career Management and Organizational Commitment Among Gradua...
- General Management - organisation, leadership and theories.
- Change Management
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.